On 03/27/2015 10:31 AM, Petr Vobornik wrote:
On 03/27/2015 10:22 AM, Jan Pazdziora wrote:
On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 10:48:20AM +0200, Alexander Bokovoy wrote:

For Fedora there is updates-testing repository that fits the goal
of testing before applying to the actual deployment if you have any
(I do

The problem is, the 4.1.4 bits are not even in updates-testing yet:

http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/updates/testing/21/x86_64/f/

 So we did not really provide the release on Fedora 21 to the
community.

There is always a question whether an upstream release announcement
should wait for downstream release. I could see arguments for both answers.

But we clearly stated:
It can be downloaded from http://www.freeipa.org/page/Downloads. The
builds will be available for Fedora 21. Builds for Fedora 20 are
available in the official COPR repository
<https://copr.fedoraproject.org/coprs/mkosek/freeipa/>.

1) "It can be downloaded from http://www.freeipa.org/page/Downloads";
   True, the tarball is there
2) "The builds will be available for Fedora 21."
   True (they are not yet, but WILL BE)

And if one doesn't want to wait for Fedora process, he can always download them from koji. The announcement is usually send when the builds are ready. Sometimes I wait for the push, but in general it doesn't change anything. We can't speed up the process and doing new repos just for impatient people IMO isn't worth the time.

3) "Builds for Fedora 20 are available in the official COPR repository"
   True, although there was the issues with missing slapi-nis build
which should be resolved now
--
Petr Vobornik