Hi,

Dne 10.4.2015 v 15:58 Petr Viktorin napsal(a):
The attached patches remove EditableDN, EditableRDN and EditableAVA.
They depend on Petr Voborník's patch 811 (performance: faster DN
implementation).

Mutable DNs are not very useful. When creating them it is easier to work
with lists or generators, and needing to change DNs aside from
operations like `DN(new_rdn, original[1:])` is very rare -- I'd even say
theoretical.
Mutable DNs are not hashable, so they can't be used as dist keys.
Storing them as "keys" in other structures (e.g. in a LDAPEntry) is
dangerous -- it's hard to reason about outside modifications.

The first patch removes the last use of EditableDN. I could be convinced
it's not an improvement in elegance/readability, but I believe this is
the strongest case for EditableDN in IPA, and it doesn't justify keeping
it.

LGTM, but patch 688 needs to be rebased.

Honza

--
Jan Cholasta