On Thu, 16 Apr 2015, Simo Sorce wrote:
On Thu, 2015-04-16 at 10:04 +0200, Stanislav Láznička wrote:
>> Possible values of each keyword:
>> timeofday       0000-2359
>> dayofweek       Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
>> dayofmonth      1-31
>> weekofmonth     1-5
>> monthofyear     Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct,
>> Nov, Dec
>> year            a year
>
> IMO dayofweek and monthofyear should use number as well. Numbers
> are easier to process.

On the other hand, names of days and months keep the rule more
readable,

... for English speakers ...
I agree. We can always provide readable interface in the UI or CLI but I don't
think having names as LDAP values would be good.

which I think might be better when checking for mistakes in those
rules.

In most cases people will read these rules after they have been through
a parser that can translate numbers in whatever locale names the user
uses. Using numbers is preferable.

Please let's not mix schema and presentation here. The LDAP schema
should be tilted toward coding convenience first and readability second
(with exceptions as always).
Yep.

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy