On 04/17/2015 10:12 AM, Fraser Tweedale wrote:
On Fri, Apr 17, 2015 at 10:03:45AM +0200, Jan Cholasta wrote:
Dne 17.4.2015 v 09:45 Fraser Tweedale napsal(a):
On Fri, Apr 17, 2015 at 07:26:55AM +0200, David Kupka wrote:
On 04/16/2015 10:03 AM, Fraser Tweedale wrote:
Hi everyone,

Please review my Certificate Profiles design proposal:
http://www.freeipa.org/page/V4/Certificate_Profiles

5.2.1 CLI - I would change the command to 'ipa certprofile-add' to stay
consistent with rest of FreeIPA commands.

David, thanks for your input.  'certprofile-import' was chosen after
discussion with Honza, based on the fact the profile already exists
(as a file) and is being imported into the system.  Jan, do you
still agree with '-import'?  What do other people think?

Yes, it should be -import. -add is reserved for the case when the properties
of the profile are specified directly in command arguments, but in -import
they are read from the supplied file.

OK, -import it stays; thanks!

Wrt terminology. You might be interested in this PatternFly effort:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/patternfly/2015-March/msg00005.html

Interesting part related to topic is:

Add: Add an existing item to an existing list, group, view, or other container element

Create: Create something new

Import is mentioned later in the thread.

What does it mean for us? There is an effort to unify terminology among various applications. Some terminology is different from the one in IPA. We should be aware of that and probably take some steps to standardize it in a future. E.g. we could start with Web UI. Changing api is a bit more difficult and I'm not sure if it's even the right thing to do.
--
Petr Vobornik