On 04/17/2015 12:04 PM, Martin Basti wrote:
On 15/04/15 15:53, Martin Babinsky wrote:
On 04/14/2015 04:24 PM, Martin Basti wrote:
On 14/04/15 16:12, Martin Basti wrote:
On 14/04/15 14:25, Martin Babinsky wrote:
This patch addresses https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/4966

The noise during rollback/uninstall is caused mainly by unsuccessful
attempts to remove files that do not exist anymore. These errors are
now logged at debug level and do not pop-up to stdout/stderr.

Hello, thank you for the patch.

1)
The option add_warning is quite unclear to me. It does not show
warning but error. I suggest something like,  show_hint,
show_user_action, or something show_additional_..., or
promt_manual_removal

Martin^2

Continue...

2)

             if file_exists(preferences_fname):
                 try:
                     os.remove(preferences_fname)
                 except OSError as e:
                     log_file_removal_error(e, preferences_fname, True)

In this case file not found error should never happen.

Could you remove the 'if file_exists' part and handle just exception?

I just reverted this bit to original form in order to not fix
something that isn't broken. Is that ok?
3)
this is inconsistent with change above, choose one style please:

             if os.path.exists(ca_file):
                 try:
                     os.unlink(ca_file)
                 except OSError, e:
                     root_logger.error(
                         "Failed to remove '%s': %s", ca_file, e)

--
Martin Basti

Attaching updated patch.

thanks,

just one nitpick, can you move the new function into installutils, it
can be used in different scripts not just in ipaclient.

I'm not sure if it is a good idea as installutils is a part for freeipa-server package.

Placing it there would create an unnecessary dependency of freeipa-client on freeipa-server because of a single function.

--
Martin^3 Babinsky