On 04/21/2015 12:53 PM, Petr Vobornik wrote:
On 04/13/2015 10:56 AM, Ludwig Krispenz wrote:
Hi,

in the attachment you find the latest state of the "topology plugin", it
implements what is defined in the design page:
http://www.freeipa.org/page/V4/Manage_replication_topology (which is
also waiting for a reviewer)

It contains the plugin itself and  a core of ipa commands to manage a
topology. to be really applicable, some work outside is required, eg the
management of the domain level and a decision where the binddn group
should be maintained.

Thanks,
Ludwig

I've looked at the python part, mostly because I want to start with POC
of Web UI for topology.

topology.py is clearly still a work in progress. I've reflected
following comments into a patch to speed things up.

What's in the patch:

1. git am complains about trailing whitespaces

2. pep8 check produces quite a lot of issues. New code should be almost
with any (`E501 line too long` is not a hard rule)
    `git diff HEAD~1 -U0 | pep8 --diff`

3. some typos

4. A lot of unused imports

5. Option name --sname for 'Segment identifier' is not very friendly. I
don't see any examples of command options in the design notes.

6. NO_UPG_MAGIC - leftover from other plugin?

7. suffix object has labels from segment

8. IPA framework has a support for nested object. Key is setting
`parent_object = 'topologysuffix'` in topologysegment object.

9. repl_agmt_attrs could be in topologysegment takes_params.

10. missing various CRUD commands like topologysuffix-find and
topologysuffix-show commands.

Whats missing, not fixed:
1. last 2 lines of VERSION file are not updated

2. Mixed terminology. Somewhere is used suffix and somewhere replication
area or just area.

3. Validation
- suffix should check for dn
- existence of both ends of a segment

4. print of segments in suffix-show needs to be improved or removed

To discuss:
a) Do params in topologysegment have to have a maxlength set?

b) Terminology has to be united. Segments are nested in suffix but
sometimes are called areas and suffix is 'the suffix'. User might be
confused. E.g. shouldn't the object be named a topologyarea instead of
topologysuffix?

c) I've added all missing CRUD commands. Are there any which we don't
want there, or want to restrict them. E.g. I can imagine that deleting a
suffix should be prevented if it contains any segments (or it has to be
forced (--force option))

d) Do we want to print segments in suffix-show?

e) Mainly for Honza: I've added --show-segments option to suffix-show
which defaults to True. I don't like the behavior of CLI, which asks to
confirm the value all the time. My intention was to have it there by
default, but also allow to disable it by --show-segments=False. I don't
want to add it as Flag (--hide-segments) since it restricts versatility.
I would like to see an optional flag which would be filled by default
value if not explicitly defined and CLI would not ask for the option value.

Also it would be better to split the work into more patches. E.g. DS plugin, installation, python plugin. So ds plugin review could be separated from the python part.
--
Petr Vobornik