On 04/27/2015 03:03 PM, Gabe Alford wrote:
Hello,

Fix for https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/4926

Thanks,

Gabe

PatternFly has new recommendations for terminology and wording [1]. I'm not entirely sure if the usage of 'save' here is good. PF defines 'edit' as the recommended term. The page doesn't say if 'save' is not recommended, though. Save seems to me as a confirmation of editing.

Kyle, could you advise what is the best term for reflecting user changes and for confirmation of this action?

Technical notes:
1. it would be better to add a new string and then use it in the button instead of having 'Save' text for '@i18n:buttons.update' definition.

2. String changes in internal.py should be also reflected in install/ui/test/data/ipa_init.json (for static web ui demo).

3. optional: in addition to text change, buttons and related actions could also be renamed (same reasons as in 1). It's more proper but much more complicated.

[1] https://www.patternfly.org/styles/terminology-and-wording/#action-labels
--
Petr Vobornik