On 29/04/15 12:39, Martin Kosek wrote:
On 04/29/2015 12:15 PM, Martin Basti wrote:
On 29/04/15 08:52, Jan Cholasta wrote:
Dne 29.4.2015 v 08:45 Martin Kosek napsal(a):
On 04/29/2015 07:34 AM, Jan Cholasta wrote:
The command line tool class should be named "ServerUpgrade" rather than
"IPAServerUpgrade" for consistency with others.

The deprecated --debug option should not be used in new commands.
Why is --debug option deprecated? I thought we wanted to deprecate --verbose
option as --debug is used in most our CLI tools. Well, except ipa-ldap-updated
which for some reasons marks --debug as deprecated. It does not matter now,
given the command is removed/changed.
AdminTool provides --debug as a deprecated alias for --verbose when a
subclass requests it. It seems the decision to deprecate --debug was already
made back when AdminTool was introduced, so let's trust that decision.

Yes that is reason.
No, it's not.

I will update design as well

Nope. This decision was never made this way, AFAIR. --debug is what all the
main tools (ipa-server-install, ipa-replica-install, ipa-client-install) use
and we never agreed that we want to change it.

In fact, I think I remember some discussion from Devconf.cz time, when we
mentioned that the ipa-ldap-updater has it the deprecated status wrong way,
that we want --debug. CCing Simo since he may have been in the conversation.
http://freeipa.org/page/V3/Logging_and_output

"In commands that currently have it, the `-d, --debug` option will become a deprecated alias for --verbose."

--
Martin Basti