Dne 29.4.2015 v 15:27 Martin Basti napsal(a):
On 29/04/15 13:22, Martin Kosek wrote:
On 04/29/2015 12:59 PM, Martin Kosek wrote:
On 04/29/2015 12:50 PM, Martin Basti wrote:
On 29/04/15 12:39, Martin Kosek wrote:
On 04/29/2015 12:15 PM, Martin Basti wrote:
On 29/04/15 08:52, Jan Cholasta wrote:
Dne 29.4.2015 v 08:45 Martin Kosek napsal(a):
On 04/29/2015 07:34 AM, Jan Cholasta wrote:
The command line tool class should be named "ServerUpgrade"
rather than
"IPAServerUpgrade" for consistency with others.

The deprecated --debug option should not be used in new commands.
Why is --debug option deprecated? I thought we wanted to
deprecate --verbose
option as --debug is used in most our CLI tools. Well, except
ipa-ldap-updated
which for some reasons marks --debug as deprecated. It does not
matter now,
given the command is removed/changed.
AdminTool provides --debug as a deprecated alias for --verbose
when a
subclass requests it. It seems the decision to deprecate --debug
was already
made back when AdminTool was introduced, so let's trust that
decision.

Yes that is reason.
No, it's not.

I will update design as well

Nope. This decision was never made this way, AFAIR. --debug is what
all the
main tools (ipa-server-install, ipa-replica-install,
ipa-client-install) use
and we never agreed that we want to change it.

In fact, I think I remember some discussion from Devconf.cz time,
when we
mentioned that the ipa-ldap-updater has it the deprecated status
wrong way,
that we want --debug. CCing Simo since he may have been in the
conversation.
http://freeipa.org/page/V3/Logging_and_output

"In commands that currently have it, the `-d, --debug` option will
become a
deprecated alias for --verbose."
I see, I must somehow missed that aspect of the miniframework. Well,
question
is - is it really a good decision and thing we should do?

I.e. slowly moving towards --verbose option, deprecating --debug,
given we use
--debug in most commands and people are using it? This could cause
lot of
unnecessary churn in stable distributions that would wish to rebase
to FreeIPA,
like CentOS or RHEL - and for what reason?

I will be against removing --debug option from the main commands
unless there
is a very good reason and justification to do so.

Martin
I talked to Martin in person. If --debug option is not removed and is
kept in
the old commands and you really want to go with the --verbose option
crusade, I
can live with it.

Martin
Updated patches attached.

* Removed --debug version
* I also added log message that version check was skipped

Thanks, ACK.

Pushed to master: 3debc7b2b54b7926dcd2b26a37b3dc0677c3bc61

--
Jan Cholasta