On 05/20/2015 05:40 PM, Ludwig Krispenz wrote:
please find new versions of patches 0003 and 0005 for the topology
the ds plugin patch includes
- changes to match domain level patch
- remove trailing white spaces
- use proper oids for topology schema
the install patch
- has the 70topology.ldif removed
I failed to do 'git am patch-0003', it returned a strange "Patch format
However I was able to do 'git apply' and to review it.
I focus on the points discussed during previous reviews.
The patch is looking good to me. ACK
both patches can now be applied
On 05/20/2015 03:40 PM, Ludwig Krispenz wrote:
On 05/20/2015 03:07 PM, Petr Vobornik wrote:
ok, this was my mistake when splitting the original patch, it should
only be in the plugin part
the trailing spaces in most cases are leftovers from the request to
make lines shorter, I will fix it for a new version
On 05/20/2015 02:58 PM, Ludwig Krispenz wrote:
On 05/20/2015 02:52 PM, Oleg Fayans wrote:
Is this patch to be applied on top of the vanilla upstream tree, or
does it require your previous patches applied before?
it requires the install (0005) and ipa-command (0006) patch as well,
submitted on 05/12
Patch 0005 can't be applied on top of the new patch 3. Both patches
contains adding of 70topology.ldif.
Also please clear all trailing whitespaces from patch 3.
$ git am
Applying: plugin part - manage replication topology in the shaerd tree
* find the attrtype and return the corresponding
/* attr is handling specific direction,
/* two static data structures to hold the
warning: squelched 125 whitespace errors
warning: 130 lines add whitespace errors.
On 05/19/2015 02:16 PM, Ludwig Krispenz wrote:
here is the latest patch for the plugin part, trying to address all
problems found in the review
PS if you want you can get a separate diff top the last version
On 05/12/2015 08:33 AM, Ludwig Krispenz wrote:
I did split the patches, for easier review and to share work on it.
The attachment contains 4 patches:
- the ds plugin part as submitted for review
- the changes to the ds plugin part done after review (not complete
- the ipa framework part (including Petr's improvements)
- the install related part
On 04/21/2015 01:09 PM, Petr Vobornik wrote:
On 04/21/2015 12:53 PM, Petr Vobornik wrote:
On 04/13/2015 10:56 AM, Ludwig Krispenz wrote:
in the attachment you find the latest state of the "topology
implements what is defined in the design page:
also waiting for a reviewer)
It contains the plugin itself and a core of ipa commands to
topology. to be really applicable, some work outside is
management of the domain level and a decision where the
should be maintained.
I've looked at the python part, mostly because I want to start
of Web UI for topology.
topology.py is clearly still a work in progress. I've reflected
following comments into a patch to speed things up.
What's in the patch:
1. git am complains about trailing whitespaces
2. pep8 check produces quite a lot of issues. New code should be
with any (`E501 line too long` is not a hard rule)
`git diff HEAD~1 -U0 | pep8 --diff`
3. some typos
4. A lot of unused imports
5. Option name --sname for 'Segment identifier' is not very
don't see any examples of command options in the design notes.
6. NO_UPG_MAGIC - leftover from other plugin?
7. suffix object has labels from segment
8. IPA framework has a support for nested object. Key is setting
`parent_object = 'topologysuffix'` in topologysegment object.
9. repl_agmt_attrs could be in topologysegment takes_params.
10. missing various CRUD commands like topologysuffix-find and
Whats missing, not fixed:
1. last 2 lines of VERSION file are not updated
2. Mixed terminology. Somewhere is used suffix and somewhere
area or just area.
- suffix should check for dn
- existence of both ends of a segment
4. print of segments in suffix-show needs to be improved or
a) Do params in topologysegment have to have a maxlength set?
b) Terminology has to be united. Segments are nested in suffix
sometimes are called areas and suffix is 'the suffix'. User
confused. E.g. shouldn't the object be named a topologyarea
c) I've added all missing CRUD commands. Are there any which
want there, or want to restrict them. E.g. I can imagine that
suffix should be prevented if it contains any segments (or it has
forced (--force option))
d) Do we want to print segments in suffix-show?
e) Mainly for Honza: I've added --show-segments option to
which defaults to True. I don't like the behavior of CLI, which
confirm the value all the time. My intention was to have it
default, but also allow to disable it by --show-segments=False. I
want to add it as Flag (--hide-segments) since it restricts
I would like to see an optional flag which would be filled by
value if not explicitly defined and CLI would not ask for the
Also it would be better to split the work into more patches. E.g.
DS plugin, installation, python plugin. So ds plugin review could
be separated from the python part.
Manage your subscription for the Freeipa-devel mailing list:
Contribute to FreeIPA: http://www.freeipa.org/page/Contribute/Code