On 05/22/2015 07:08 AM, Jan Cholasta wrote:
Dne 21.5.2015 v 18:18 Tomas Babej napsal(a):

On 05/19/2015 04:07 PM, Tomas Babej wrote:

On 05/19/2015 03:59 PM, Martin Kosek wrote:
On 05/19/2015 03:56 PM, Tomas Babej wrote:

On 05/19/2015 03:51 PM, Martin Kosek wrote:
On 05/19/2015 03:49 PM, Ludwig Krispenz wrote:
On 05/19/2015 03:36 PM, Martin Kosek wrote:
On 05/19/2015 03:22 PM, Tomas Babej wrote:
3) Domain level is just a single integer and it should be
treated as such,
there's no need for an LDAPObject plugin and other unnecessary
complexities.
The implemetation could be as simple as (from top of my head,
untested):
That's right, I also considered this approach, but as far as I
know you do
not
get the permission handling for the global DomainLevel entry
otherwise.

Ludwig, I changed the path for the global entry to cn=DomainLevel.
I know this particular DN was added to the design by Simo, but
why do we want
to use CamelCase with LDAP object?

Wouldn't "cn=Domain Level,cn=ipa,cn=etc,SUFFIX" be a better place
for it? This
is the last time we can change it, so I am asking now. Then, we
will be stuck
with this DN forever.
I don't mind using ""cn=Domain Level" ,

but where does the entry live, here you say

cn=Domain Level,cn=ipa,cn=etc,SUFFIX"

and in the design page it is:

cn=DomainLevel,cn=etc,SUFFIX

The current version of the topology plugin is looking for

cn=DomainLevel,cn=ipa,cn=etc,SUFFIX"
but I want to change it to do a search on
objectclass=ipaDomainLevelConfig
I see - we all need to unify the location apparently. I updated the
design page
to use "cn=Domain Level,cn=ipa,cn=etc,SUFFIX". Tomas, please send
the updated
patch set, it should be an extremely simple change :-)
I prefer the ipa parent and the space in the name, so I'm glad we
could agree
on this without much bikeshedding.

Updated patch attaced.

Tomas

I still see

+# Create default Domain Level entry if it does not exist
+dn: cn=DomainLevel,cn=ipa,cn=etc,$SUFFIX
+default: objectClass: top
+default: objectClass: nsContainer
+default: objectClass: ipaDomainLevelConfig
+default: ipaDomainLevel: 0

Right, the space eluded me there, thanks for the catch.

Tomas

A new iteration of the patch, including the server-side checks for the
installers.

Tomas

1) https://www.redhat.com/archives/freeipa-devel/2015-May/msg00228.html
- I still don't agree that the plugin should be based on LDAPObject.

On the other hand, with LDAPObject base, Web UI for this feature is much more simpler because it can rely on existing conventions.

2) Use api domainlevel-show call to get the current domain level in
ipa-replica-install instead of duplicating the code.

3) Set the domain level in DSInstance.create_instance instead of a
separate call in ipa-server-install. It should be done about the same
time as the master entry is added.

4) I think the option should be named --domain-level (with a dash), for
consistency.

--
Petr Vobornik