On 05/26/2015 04:13 PM, thierry bordaz wrote:
On 05/26/2015 02:12 PM, Petr Spacek wrote:
Hello,

it came to my mind that domain level for topology plugin should actually be
number 2, not 1.

We already used number 1 for incompatible changes in DNS tree and I believe
that it is not a good idea to have two places which say 'version 1' but and
actually mean two different things. (DNS tree version 1 + domain level 1)

Patch is attached.

Hello,
The fix looks good but that seems strange to have to set the initial version of
the topology plugin to 2.0. (IIUC That is the version that will be written in
dse.ldif)
I would rather expects that topology plugin 1.0, would activate itself if the
DomainLevel is 2.0 or more.
If topology plugin 1.0 sets an internal DomainLevel_trigger=2.0 then activate
itself if DomainLevel >= DomainLevel_trigger.

Let's wait for Ludwig feedback.

thanks
thierry

My personal opinion on this is to start with Domain Level 1 regardless. We already "solved" the DNS forwarders otherwise, with docs, async updates etc. I do not think we will be returning to implementing proper Domain Level support for that anyway.

So I rather think that all the "Domain Level starts with 0, 1 is unused, 2 is the top one" will cause unforeseen issues I would rather like to avoid.

My 2 cents.