On 2015-05-26 16:50, Nathaniel McCallum wrote:
> Right. So as I see it, we have three options:
> 1. Merge kdcproxy soon with a global switch.
>   A. Build per-replica switches later.
>   B. Never build per-replica switches.
> 2. Merge kdcproxy later with per-replica switches.
>
> I don't think having both types of switches is bad UX. In fact, I think
> it is better UX than per-replica switches alone. Since per-replica
> switches are a superset of the global switch functionality, let's do 1A
> and do per-replica switches later (if needed and feasible)

You know what? That was basically my second implementation. :) I had a
global switch in cn=ipaConfig,cn=etc and a per-replica switch in
cn=KDCPROXY,cn=$FQDN,cn=masters,cn=ipa,cn=etc. The code is still in
another branch on my laptop.

Since I have both variants mostly implemented, I'd like to suggest yet
another option:

2. Merge kdcproxy with global and per-replica switch, but for now offer
only a CLI command for the global switch.

That's easy to implement. I only need an ACI for
cn=masters,cn=ipa,cn=etc in order to allow compare and search for
ipaConfigString=enabledService.

Christian