Dne 27.5.2015 v 16:01 Christian Heimes napsal(a):
On 2015-05-27 15:51, Nathaniel McCallum wrote:
As I understand the problem, there is an assumption that an optional
component has a distinct service to start and stop. That is not the
case here. This is just new config for apache.

More details:

The KDC Proxy uses the same Apache instance as FreeIPAs Web GUI and
Tomcat. There is no extra service involved. The switch just decides if
https://ipa.example.org/KdcProxy acts as a MS-KKDCP end point or returns
a 404 error.

FYI Tomcat does not use the same Apache instance, the Apache instance is configured to proxy requests to Tomcat.

If the IPA KDC proxy package is not installed on a replica, then going to /KdcProxy will return 404, right? Why is an additional switch necessary then?

My patch "0001 Provide Kerberos over HTTP (MS-KKDCP)" has more details.

Christian

--
Jan Cholasta