On 05/28/2015 09:05 AM, Petr Spacek wrote:
> On 28.5.2015 08:55, Jan Cholasta wrote:

>>> I'm more worried about confusion in future. To to me it simply seems easier
>>> bump one integer now than to document and explain (to users & new
>>> developers)
>>> why we have two "ones" which mean something else.
>>>
>>> Code-wise it is just an integer.
>>>
>>> Also, it can simplify logic in future when we decide to do another
>>> incompatible change in DNS tree because we will have only one integer to
>>> test
>>> (instead of checking two separate version attribute in DNS tree & domain
>>> level).
>>
>> +1, but I think the minimum supported domain level should be 1, not 0,
>> because
>> 0 means the server uses the old DNS schema, which we do not support anymore,
>> right?
>
> Good point!

It may be a good point, but it does not make the situation easier. You still
have RHEL/CentOS 6.x IPA out there, where some of them already support the new
DNS forwarders and some don't - and neither of them support Domain Levels -
i.e. have Domain Level 0.

As I said, I still see more complications with this proposals than benefits...