On 05/28/2015 03:47 PM, Martin Kosek wrote:
On 05/27/2015 04:59 PM, Martin Kosek wrote:
Domain Levels
- Done, committed
- Defaults to Level 1, i.e. Topology plugin powered infra enabled
With respect to related Simo's response in
http://www.redhat.com/archives/freeipa-devel/2015-May/msg00553.html

Would we want to enable Topology (i.e. Domain Level 1) even if Replica
promotion is not done?
who is we ? I thought there is an api to set the domain-level and the admin decides if, or do you mean to have it by default during installation ?
I thought we do as I see those as orthogonal features.
Replica promotion would take advantage of the Topology plugin, but it does not
mean you cannot benefit from Topology plugin without it.

You can still use the API to see/manage the topology and set replication
settings with it. You do not need Replica Promotion for that...
well, it is not just for viewing, you restrict management to use the ipa-toplogy commands