Dne 28.5.2015 v 16:00 Simo Sorce napsal(a):
On Thu, 2015-05-28 at 15:47 +0200, Martin Kosek wrote:
On 05/27/2015 04:59 PM, Martin Kosek wrote:
Domain Levels
- Done, committed
- Defaults to Level 1, i.e. Topology plugin powered infra enabled

With respect to related Simo's response in
http://www.redhat.com/archives/freeipa-devel/2015-May/msg00553.html

Would we want to enable Topology (i.e. Domain Level 1) even if Replica
promotion is not done? I thought we do as I see those as orthogonal features.
Replica promotion would take advantage of the Topology plugin, but it does not
mean you cannot benefit from Topology plugin without it.

You can still use the API to see/manage the topology and set replication
settings with it. You do not need Replica Promotion for that...

You cannot move for domain level 0 to 1 automatically anyway. So this is
a moot point to some degree. In general we need to have the code that
checks for the domain level version to be able to change the level, so
we need new code in replicas to publish the supported domain level
version and code in the install patchs to check that we can actually
join a domain given its current domain level status.

These checks are absolutely a critical blocker to enable the whole
domain-level feature.

IIUC this is already done, see commit f3010498af2a4b98512d219b8e09101176c172fe.

--
Jan Cholasta