On 05/28/2015 04:04 PM, Martin Kosek wrote:
On 05/28/2015 04:04 PM, Ludwig Krispenz wrote:
On 05/28/2015 04:00 PM, Martin Kosek wrote:
On 05/28/2015 03:57 PM, Ludwig Krispenz wrote:
On 05/28/2015 03:47 PM, Martin Kosek wrote:
On 05/27/2015 04:59 PM, Martin Kosek wrote:
Domain Levels
- Done, committed
- Defaults to Level 1, i.e. Topology plugin powered infra enabled
With respect to related Simo's response in
http://www.redhat.com/archives/freeipa-devel/2015-May/msg00553.html

Would we want to enable Topology (i.e. Domain Level 1) even if Replica
promotion is not done?
who is we ? I thought there is an api to set the domain-level and the admin
decides if, or do you mean to have  it by default during installation ?
The question here is if Topology plugin (i.e. Domain Level 1) shall be enabled
during new FreeIPA 4.2 installation or if would be still disabled and only
enabled by domain-level-set request.
I'm with Simo, this shoul be a deliberate action by an admin, based upon the
info that all servers support this domain level
Guys, I am really talking about *new* FreeIPA server installation, not
upgrades. If you are installing FreeIPA 4.2 server, you already know that *all*
servers support Topology as we do not allow installing replica with older
version than a server.

What do I miss here?
well, I was not sure where in the install process you would set the domain level. If you create a 4.2 replica from a 4.1 server and in the instance creation of the 4.2 replica you set the domain level automatically, it depends on when it is done what side effects it will have. but maybe I miss that this already is handled

I thought we do as I see those as orthogonal features.
Replica promotion would take advantage of the Topology plugin, but it does not
mean you cannot benefit from Topology plugin without it.

You can still use the API to see/manage the topology and set replication
settings with it. You do not need Replica Promotion for that...
well, it is not just for viewing, you restrict management to use the
ipa-toplogy commands
Right.