On 05/28/2015 04:17 PM, Simo Sorce wrote:
On Thu, 2015-05-28 at 16:04 +0200, Martin Kosek wrote:
On 05/28/2015 04:04 PM, Ludwig Krispenz wrote:
On 05/28/2015 04:00 PM, Martin Kosek wrote:
On 05/28/2015 03:57 PM, Ludwig Krispenz wrote:
On 05/28/2015 03:47 PM, Martin Kosek wrote:
On 05/27/2015 04:59 PM, Martin Kosek wrote:
Domain Levels
- Done, committed
- Defaults to Level 1, i.e. Topology plugin powered infra enabled
With respect to related Simo's response in
http://www.redhat.com/archives/freeipa-devel/2015-May/msg00553.html

Would we want to enable Topology (i.e. Domain Level 1) even if Replica
promotion is not done?
who is we ? I thought there is an api to set the domain-level and the admin
decides if, or do you mean to have  it by default during installation ?
The question here is if Topology plugin (i.e. Domain Level 1) shall be enabled
during new FreeIPA 4.2 installation or if would be still disabled and only
enabled by domain-level-set request.
I'm with Simo, this shoul be a deliberate action by an admin, based upon the
info that all servers support this domain level
Guys, I am really talking about *new* FreeIPA server installation, not
upgrades. If you are installing FreeIPA 4.2 server, you already know that *all*
servers support Topology as we do not allow installing replica with older
version than a server.

What do I miss here?
I think the only thing that may be missing is that the current installer
still does the dance of using SSL and then later transitioning to
GSSAPI, I am not sure the topology plugin copes with that.
yes, it works with the current installer (except for bugs)

Ludwig, can you comment ?

Simo.