Simo Sorce wrote:
On Thu, 2015-05-28 at 17:00 +0200, Christian Heimes wrote:
On 2015-05-28 16:53, Simo Sorce wrote:
We can't have 2 different keytabs with the same principal name.
If we need privilege separation we'll have to work on integrating
GSS-Proxy and give the keytab only to GSS-Proxy leaving it off the hands
of both the framework, the proxy, and apache itself.

I had a different principal like KDCPROXY/fqdn@realm in mind.

Although to be honest I do not see why the proxy need access to the
keytab at all, can we simply run it as a wsgi application under a
different user and prevent it from accessing the apache keytab at all ?

Yes, mod_wsgi is able to run a WSGI app as a different user:

https://code.google.com/p/modwsgi/wiki/ConfigurationDirectives#WSGIDaemonProcess

A different user needs another location for the ccache and perhaps
additional SELinux rules.

If you are using the keytab only to acquire credentials to access ldap
you could use a memory ccache and not have to deal with locations:
KRB5CCNAME=MEMORY:kdcproxy_<random_number>

What do we need the keytab for ?
Is it just in order to authenticate and read if the service is enabled ?
Can we make that information available anonymously ?

Yes, the information is not available for anon bind. It doesn't feel
right to disclose the settings to the public.

Another option is to use ldapi and external auth, I forgot if we allow
automatic binding for no-root users though.

Rob,
do you remember ?

AFAIK we have no rules other than root -> DM.