Hi, all,

I'm going to start working on the Community Portal milestone this week. The first thing I'm noticing is that for almost all of the community portal, there has to be some way for the IPA server to send email, which right now isn't possible. It has been brought to my attention, however, that there is an existing ticket (https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/1593) that includes email under its purview. I don't want to write a bunch of code that'll get tossed when work starts on the notification system if I don't have to, but I will if I must.

I need a little bit of guidance. Is working on code to let the IPA server send email to users a good place to start chipping at this?

Thanks,

Drew Erny
de...@redhat.com