On 06/16/2015 05:29 PM, Fraser Tweedale wrote:
On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 05:10:00PM +0200, Martin Kosek wrote:
On 06/12/2015 11:34 AM, Martin Kosek wrote:
Hello all,

As discussed in the last 2 weeks, we are getting close to the 4.2 finish line
and releasing FreeIPA 4.2 Alpha 1. We already have most of the major RFEs
complete, some still miss some partial functionality, but most are testable and
in Alpha state already.

We need to now find out what is blocking us from releasing the Alpha. I know
only about 2 issues:

- ipa-replica-manage del does not work well with the Topology plugin yet - Petr
Vobornik and Ludwig are working on it
- ipa-replica-prepare had some issues after upgrade from 4.1.x to 4.2.0 due to
inaccesible certificate profiles - Jan, Martin2, Fraser was investigating

Is that correct? Feature owners, please let me know if any of the major feature
regressed and is not working properly, maybe by other patch sets being merged.

When the blockers are resolved or documented, we should release the beast. Any
volunteer for the release process?

Finally, I put together a release note draft for the Alpha, please help me
completing and updating it:

http://www.freeipa.org/page/Releases/4.2.0.alpha1

Thanks everyone!

I saw many fixes in Topology, that's good. I heard that pki-core 10.2.4 broke
us, but I could not reproduce it today with fully updated F22 machine and I was
able to install FreeIPA 4.2.git

If this is the case, can we just release the Alpha?

There are still some big brokens for upgrades.  The fixes for pki
are merged but there is no release yet.

What is the ETA? It would be nice to have the fix for Alpha, the package can be built in the freeipa-4.2 COPR repo, together with the 4.2 Alpha release. If the ETA is too far, we may need to release Alpha regardless as there are some Test Days planned next week and upgrade is not required for such test days.

I am only aware of one
reported issue for new installations: ipa-replica-prepare failing
when run on a replica (I haven't gotten to investigating this one
yet).

Right. This must be fixed before GA, but Alpha can live without it IMO.