Hello Fraser,

   The schema is propagated on all replica. So if you update the
   schema, the updates will be eventually present everywhere.
   There is two ways to update the schema.

     * online update (prefered), you simply do a ldapmodify on
       'cn=schema' adding/updating attributetypes/objectclasses
     * offline. You stop a replica/master, update the schema files,
       start the server. This is not the prefered solution because
       depending on version of DS it can take more time to detect the
       new schema and propagated it.

   Do you know how CS schema upgrade will be done (online/offline) ?
   Is it the new definitions
   http://www.freeipa.org/page/V4/Certificate_Profiles#Schema ?

   Thanks
   thierry