On Wed, Jun 17, 2015 at 07:55:10AM +0200, Martin Kosek wrote:
> On 06/16/2015 05:29 PM, Fraser Tweedale wrote:

> >>I saw many fixes in Topology, that's good. I heard that pki-core 10.2.4
> >>broke
> >>us, but I could not reproduce it today with fully updated F22 machine and I
> >>was
> >>able to install FreeIPA 4.2.git
> >>
> >>If this is the case, can we just release the Alpha?
> >
> >There are still some big brokens for upgrades.  The fixes for pki
> >are merged but there is no release yet.
>
> What is the ETA? It would be nice to have the fix for Alpha, the package can
> be built in the freeipa-4.2 COPR repo, together with the 4.2 Alpha release.
> If the ETA is too far, we may need to release Alpha regardless as there are
> some Test Days planned next week and upgrade is not required for such test
> days.

Based on people educating me about how LDAP replication works:
tomorrow, hopefully.  In any case, I'm glad to know that the test
days will not be affected by upgrade issues.

> >I am only aware of one
> >reported issue for new installations: ipa-replica-prepare failing
> >when run on a replica (I haven't gotten to investigating this one
> >yet).
>

> Right. This must be fixed before GA, but Alpha can live without it IMO.

I investigated this regression today - details are in another
thread, but it appears to be introduced by a different change and I
have requested comment from those more familiar with that change.

Thanks,
Fraser