Hi Ludwig, Petr,

Presently I have noticed that disabling a segment, using `ipa topologysegment-mod realm replica1-to-replica2
--enabled=off` does not have effect on the way the data is replicated.

I mean that if we have the following tolopogy:
master <-> replica1 <-> replica2
and disable one of the segments, one would expect the changes implemented on master would not be replicated to other nodes (or do I misunderstand the concept of disabling a segment?). However, in reality any changes in master do get replicated despite the segment is disabled.

Is it a correct behavior?

The second question is: if disabled segments should not let the changes through, then we probably should implement a check for topology disconnection in similar way as `ipa topologysegment-del` does. I mean, whenever a user tries to disable a segment, the plugin should probably check whether it disconnects any of the nodes.

--
Oleg Fayans
Quality Engineer