On 26/06/15 14:15, Petr Vobornik wrote:
On 06/17/2015 04:11 PM, Petr Vobornik wrote:
On 06/17/2015 02:15 PM, Ludwig Krispenz wrote:

On 06/17/2015 02:04 PM, Petr Vobornik wrote:
With patch  "878 topology: check topology in ipa-replica-manage del"
we can use the same logic for POC of
  ipa topologysuffix-verify
command.

Checks done:
  1. check if the topology is not disconnected. In other words if
     there are replication paths between all servers.
  2. check if servers don't have more than a recommended number of
     replication agreements (which was set to 4)

I'm not sure what else we want to test but these two seemed as low
hanging fruit.
don't know how hard it is, but I had thought of calculating something
like a "degree of connectivity", eg to find single points of failure.
In a topology A <--> B <--> C <--> D, if B or C are down (temporariliy)
the topology is disconnected. If extending to
A <--> B <--> C <--> D <--> A one server con be taken offline, so a
brute force would be to check for each server if it could be removed

The original POC(attached) of the graph traversal did such brute force
check(only one server removed at a time). In other words, it's easy.

Computing indegree and outdegree of each node is easy as well.

Additional checks can be also added later.

Rebased patch attached. No new check was implemented.

Works for me, ACK.

--
David Kupka