On Mon, 13 Jul 2015, Tomas Babej wrote:

On 07/13/2015 02:59 PM, Rob Crittenden wrote:
Christian Heimes wrote:
The patch replaces implicit tuple unpacking from except clauses with
explicit unpacking of the exception objects' args attribute.

Example:

e = RuntimeError('num', 'messages')
num, message = e
num, message
('num', 'messages')
e.args
('num', 'messages')
num, message = e.args
num, message
('num', 'messages')

Not related to this patch directly but I think it would be a good idea
to create a Python 3 tracking ticket to make it easy to find python
3-specific changes.

Then create tickets to fix particular issues and link those with the
tracking ticket.

rob

ACK

Otherwise, I agree with Rob. Can you create an umbrella ticket?

I will push&mark the commit there.
Please do not push this specific version of the patch yet. Christian
will do the changes with four separate commits as discussed on the IRC,
to avoid future problems with maintenance and backports.
--
/ Alexander Bokovoy