On 07/17/2015 02:37 PM, Martin Basti wrote:
On 03/07/15 09:03, Tomas Babej wrote:

On 07/02/2015 02:03 PM, Petr Spacek wrote:
On 2.7.2015 13:54, Jan Cholasta wrote:
Dne 2.7.2015 v 13:34 Petr Spacek napsal(a):
On 2.7.2015 12:57, Tomas Babej wrote:

On 07/02/2015 08:50 AM, Petr Spacek wrote:
On 1.7.2015 20:29, Tomas Babej wrote:

On 07/01/2015 04:45 PM, Petr Spacek wrote:
On 1.7.2015 15:32, Martin Basti wrote:
Requires patch freeipa-pspacek-0052
ACK

I must admit I don't really like wrapping a constant in the
method in
the TaskNamespace object.

We're interested in the constant itself - there's no case I can
imagine
where the name of the freeipa's dns package will be dynamic.

For paths we have BasePathNamespace that contains all the paths,
maybe
we should introduce something similar for the non-path platform
dependent constants?
Generally I support this but it seems like a 4.3 material (and
out of
scope of
#4058). We need to finish 4.2 now.

Please ACK or NACK ASAP.

It's fairly straightforward to introduce a new platform namespace for
constants.

See attached patch, it implements the namespace and already
contains the
proper values for the dns package name.

The original patch 274 would only need to use:

      >>> from ipaplatform.constants import constants
      >>> constants.DNS_PACKAGE_NAME
      'freeipa-server-dns'
I'm okay with that if Honza or somebody else knowledgable about the
whole
platform-thingy can ACK this, amend Martin^2's patch 274 and test
the whole
thing.

Unfortunately I do not have time for it myself. If nobody does that
please
push the original patch (when it's dependency pspacek-0052 gets ACK).

I think you are overengineering this a little bit, adding whatever
ipaplatform
stuff just because of an error message seems rather unnecessary to
me. I think
changing the error message to "Integrated DNS requires
'freeipa-server-dns'
package" or even "Integrated DNS requires IPA DNS server package"
would be
perfectly fine.
The message should be as specific as possible but I do not care how
it will be
implemented.

Alright, let's not get stuck. Petr insists on specific message on each
platform. Given that package name is platform dependent, I think we
should keep it as platform constant, task makes little sense.

Given that Martin's not available right now, I'll amend his patches and
send the updated version.

Tomas
Updated patches attached.

ACK for 332
I just removed DNS constants from 332 patch

ACK for Martin's patch.

--
Martin^3 Babinsky