On 22/07/15 16:52, Ludwig Krispenz wrote:

On 07/22/2015 03:56 PM, Martin Basti wrote:
Hello all,

I attached WIP patch to solve https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/4949

I received several suggestions:

1) (implemented in patch) is to add the option --db-locks to installer (maybe as hidden option)

2) Configure the nsslapd-db-locks to higher value as default (what is the right value?)
this is a good question, I just looked into the ticket and the BZ, but don't understand WHY it is running out of locks. I think adding the option is ok to be prepared, but I would not change the default before undestanding the reason for the lock consumtion and a relation to the data. Maybe we can also reduce the number of locks needed - do you have a setup to show this failure ?
I don't have any setup, Petr1 did any testing with huge amount of user, he may have got some VMs.

3) Combination of 1and 2: set default higher value and also have hidden option to allow configure higher number of locks during install

Comments are more than welcome :-)

--
Martin Basti