On 2015-07-30 15:06, Michael Šimáček wrote:
> I didn't use ctypes, because it was advised against on this list:
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/freeipa-devel/2012-February/msg00268.html
> For the tests it's probably fine, but so is using klist.
> It would actually help a lot with getting the default realm name, but
> I'm afraid that the second point about problems with ctypes and SELinux
> in httpd still holds.

Thanks for the pointer to Alexander's posting. I wasn't aware of any
issues with ctypes and SELinux. I usually prefer Cython, C or cffi over
ctypes myself. For simple tasks ctypes works good enough, though.

python-kdcproxy uses ctypes bindings for libkrb5 to parse
/etc/krb5.conf. It runs in mod_wsgi, too. I haven't seen or heard about
issues with SELinux. Maybe the bug has been resolved? I'll keep an eye open.

Christian