Hi Simo,

Thanks for the clarification. Should I update the design page myself, or is better to let Ludwig do it?

On 08/10/2015 03:12 PM, Simo Sorce wrote:
On Mon, 2015-08-10 at 10:54 +0200, Oleg Fayans wrote:
Hi Ludwig,

It seems the Design page for the topology plugin is a bit outdated.
1. It still operates with the terms like plugin version
(http://www.freeipa.org/page/V4/Manage_replication_topology#Check_for_modify_operation),
although it was generally agreed, that we do not use plugin version at all.

2. The section
http://www.freeipa.org/page/V4/Manage_replication_topology#Check_after_online_initializatition
should be a bit clarified:
Does this mean, that if we prepare a replica from a master that has
domainlevel = 1, then the replica, that already had a domain level = 0
will raise it? Do we support this scenario at all?

No, the domain level must be raised by admin, it cannot be raised
automatically by any component least of all a replica joining a domain.

3. Segment directions. Currently there is no way to specify segment
direction using the cli `ipa topologysegment-add`. However the direction
is shown with `ipa topologysegment-find` and `ipa topologysegment-show`,
which leads to confusing of the users. We probably should remove this
info from the output at all and update the design page accordingly.

Showing the direction will allow us in future to show if there are
replication issues only in one of the direction.

It is true we do not allow to change directions independently (for now
at least), but the information shouldn't hurt.

Simo.

--
Oleg Fayans
Quality Engineer