NACK, comments inline.

On 11/08/15 13:25, Oleg Fayans wrote:
Hi Martin,

Thanks for the review!

On 08/10/2015 07:08 PM, Martin Basti wrote:
Thank you for patch, I have a few nitpicks:

1)
On 10/08/15 13:05, Oleg Fayans wrote:
+def create_segment(master, leftnode, rightnode):
+    """create_segment(master, leftnode, rightnode)
Why do you add the name of method in docstring?
My bad, fixed.

still there

+        tokenize_topologies(command_output)
+        takes an output of `ipa topologysegment-find` and returns an array of

2)

+def create_segment(master, leftnode, rightnode):
+    """create_segment(master, leftnode, rightnode)
+    creates a topology segment. The first argument is a node to run the
command on
+    The first 3 arguments should be objects of class Host
+    Returns a hash object containing segment's name, leftnode,
rightnode information
+    """

I would prefer to add assert there instead of just document that a Host
object is needed
assert(isinstance(master, Host))

Fixed. Created a decorator that checks the type of arguments

This does not scale well.
If we will want to add new argument that is not host object, you need change it again.

This might be used as function with specified variables that have to be host objects

3)
+def destroy_segment(master, segment_name):
+    """
+    destroy_segment(master, segment_name)
+    Destroys topology segment. First argument should be object of class
Host

Instead of description of params as first, second etc., you may use
following:

+def destroy_segment(master, segment_name):
+    """
+    Destroys topology segment.
+    :param master: reference to master object of class Host
+    :param segment: name fo segment
and eventually this in other methods
+    :returns: Lorem ipsum sit dolor mit amet
+    :raises NotFound: if segment is not found

Fixed

4)

cls.replicas[:len(cls.replicas) - 1],

I suggest cls.replicas[:-1]

In [2]: a = [1, 2, 3, 4, 5]

In [3]: a[:-1]
Out[3]: [1, 2, 3, 4]

Fixed

5)
Why re.findall() and then you just use the first result?
'leftnode': self.leftnode_re.findall(i)[0]

Isn't just re.search() enough?
leftnode_re.search(value).group(1)

in fact
leftnode_re.findall(string)[0]
and
leftnode_re.search(string).group(1),
Are equally bad from the readability point of view. The first one is even shorter a bit, so why change? :)

It depends on point of view, because when I reviewed it yesterday my brain raises exception that you are trying to add multiple values to single value attribute, because you used findall, I expected that you need multiple values, and then I saw that index [0] at the end, and I was pretty confused what are you trying to achieve.

And because findall is not effective in case when you need to find just one occurrence.

Python 3 nitpick:
I'm not sure if time when we should enforce python 2/3 compability
already comes, but just for record:
instead of open(file, 'r'), please use io.open(file, 'r') (import io
before)

Done.

1)

+#