On 08/10/2015 10:54 AM, Oleg Fayans wrote:
Hi Ludwig,

It seems the Design page for the topology plugin is a bit outdated.
1. It still operates with the terms like plugin version (http://www.freeipa.org/page/V4/Manage_replication_topology#Check_for_modify_operation), although it was generally agreed, that we do not use plugin version at all.

2. The section http://www.freeipa.org/page/V4/Manage_replication_topology#Check_after_online_initializatition should be a bit clarified: Does this mean, that if we prepare a replica from a master that has domainlevel = 1, then the replica, that already had a domain level = 0 will raise it? Do we support this scenario at all?

3. Segment directions. Currently there is no way to specify segment direction using the cli `ipa topologysegment-add`. However the direction is shown with `ipa topologysegment-find` and `ipa topologysegment-show`, which leads to confusing of the users. We probably should remove this info from the output at all and update the design page accordingly.
this is not true, in segment add youcan specify the direction:

adding the segment:
-------------
[root@vm-215 ~]# ipa topologysegment-add realm
Left node: vm-112.abc.idm.lab.eng.brq.redhat.com
Right node: vm-179.abc.idm.lab.eng.brq.redhat.com
Connectivity [both]: left-right
Segment name [vm-112.abc.idm.lab.eng.brq.redhat.com-to-vm-179.abc.idm.lab.eng.brq.redhat.com]: onedirect
-------------------------
Added segment "onedirect"
  Segment name: onedirect
  Left node: vm-112.abc.idm.lab.eng.brq.redhat.com
  Right node: vm-179.abc.idm.lab.eng.brq.redhat.com
  Connectivity: left-right

checking the segment:

[root@vm-215 ~]# ipa topologysegment-find realm
  Segment name: onedirect