On 08/13/2015 09:55 AM, Ludwig Krispenz wrote:

On 08/10/2015 10:54 AM, Oleg Fayans wrote:
Hi Ludwig,

It seems the Design page for the topology plugin is a bit outdated.
1. It still operates with the terms like plugin version
(http://www.freeipa.org/page/V4/Manage_replication_topology#Check_for_modify_operation),
although it was generally agreed, that we do not use plugin version at
all.

2. The section
http://www.freeipa.org/page/V4/Manage_replication_topology#Check_after_online_initializatition
should be a bit clarified:
Does this mean, that if we prepare a replica from a master that has
domainlevel = 1, then the replica, that already had a domain level = 0
will raise it? Do we support this scenario at all?

3. Segment directions. Currently there is no way to specify segment
direction using the cli `ipa topologysegment-add`. However the
direction is shown with `ipa topologysegment-find` and `ipa
topologysegment-show`, which leads to confusing of the users. We
probably should remove this info from the output at all and update the
design page accordingly.
this is not true, in segment add youcan specify the direction:

adding the segment:
-------------
[root@vm-215 ~]# ipa topologysegment-add realm
Left node: vm-112.abc.idm.lab.eng.brq.redhat.com
Right node: vm-179.abc.idm.lab.eng.brq.redhat.com
Connectivity [both]: left-right
Segment name
[vm-112.abc.idm.lab.eng.brq.redhat.com-to-vm-179.abc.idm.lab.eng.brq.redhat.com]:
onedirect
-------------------------
Added segment "onedirect"
-------------------------
   Segment name: onedirect
   Left node: vm-112.abc.idm.lab.eng.brq.redhat.com
   Right node: vm-179.abc.idm.lab.eng.brq.redhat.com
   Connectivity: left-right

checking the segment:

[root@vm-215 ~]# ipa topologysegment-find realm
   Segment name: onedirect
   Left node: vm-112.abc.idm.lab.eng.brq.redhat.com
   Right node: vm-179.abc.idm.lab.eng.brq.redhat.com
   Connectivity: left-right

This is a bug. Option "direction" was removed from -add and -mod commands on purpose. But CLI still incorrectly asks for the value and therefore allows to change the default "both".
--
Petr Vobornik