On 08/13/2015 07:08 PM, Martin Basti wrote:

On 08/10/2015 01:47 PM, Abhijeet Kasurde wrote:
Hi All,

This patch fixes bug - https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/3406

Thanks,
Abhijeet Kasurde

Hello,

thank you for the patch

1)
-            except ValueError:
+            except EOFError, ValueError:

Please use
except (EOFError, ValueError):
https://docs.python.org/2/tutorial/errors.html#handling-exceptions
OK, I will include this.
2)
I'm not sure if this code will work (I did not test it)

I expect when stdin is closed, this will result into infinite loop, because raw_input will always return EOFError.

        while True:
            try:
                ret = raw_input("%s: " % prompt)
                if allow_empty or ret.strip():
                    return ret
            except EOFError:
                pass

Could you please elaborate more on, so that I can include fix in this section of code?