On 08/17/2015 02:08 PM, Abhijeet Kasurde wrote:
Hi All,

I have included all review comments. Please let me know your views.

On 08/17/2015 04:09 PM, Martin Basti wrote:

On 08/17/2015 11:11 AM, Abhijeet Kasurde wrote:
Hi All,

Please find the update patch with review comments,

On 08/14/2015 05:19 PM, Martin Basti wrote:

On 08/14/2015 06:57 AM, Abhijeet Kasurde wrote:

On 08/13/2015 07:08 PM, Martin Basti wrote:

On 08/10/2015 01:47 PM, Abhijeet Kasurde wrote:
Hi All,

This patch fixes bug - https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/3406

Thanks,
Abhijeet Kasurde

Hello,

thank you for the patch

1)
-            except ValueError:
+            except EOFError, ValueError:

Please use
except (EOFError, ValueError):
https://docs.python.org/2/tutorial/errors.html#handling-exceptions
OK, I will include this.
2)
I'm not sure if this code will work (I did not test it)

I expect when stdin is closed, this will result into infinite loop, because raw_input will always return EOFError.

        while True:
            try:
                ret = raw_input("%s: " % prompt)
                if allow_empty or ret.strip():
                    return ret
            except EOFError:
                pass

Could you please elaborate more on, so that I can include fix in this section of code?
If you receive EOF you cannot continue in while cycle because, it will return EOF every iteration forever.

If EOF is received the while cycle must end, and appropriate action must be take. It depends on situation, if default value is present then default value should be used, or in case if empty value is allowed, empty string should be returned.

In case there is no default value and empty value is not allowed, then an exception should be raised.

Martin^2

NACK

There is still infinity loop.
1)
+            except EOFError:
+                if allow_empty:
+                    return ''

This will continue in while cycle if allow_empty=False, you need to raise
exception there.

2)
Why so complicated? just return default looks enough to me.
+            except EOFError:
+                if choice.lower()[0] == "y":
+                    return True
+                elif choice.lower()[0] == "n":
+                    return False
3)
Remove this change please
-
  def get_gsserror(e):

NACK

1)
Your commit message does not reflect the changes you made in code. The patch just solves the EOFError not Value error or "various errors"

2)
You removed if statement which should be there. I expected something like this in first case.

         while True:
-            ret = raw_input("%s: " % prompt)
-            if allow_empty or ret.strip():
-                return ret
+            try:
+                ret = raw_input("%s: " % prompt)
+                if allow_empty or ret.strip():
+                    return ret
+            except EOFError:
+                if allow_empty:
+                   return ''
+                raise RuntimeError("Failed to get user input")

Thanks