On 08/20/2015 02:46 PM, David Dejaeghere wrote:
confirmed working.
Does this default value make any sense if this value is changeable in the UI and using the IPA client?

Kind Regards,

David

IMHO (I'm not 100% sure)

IPA DNS are master servers, which contains only authoritative zones.
Each DNS server contains the same copy of zones synchronized with LDAP database, and each server is authoritative for that zone (multimaster DNS topology). So there is no reason to have listed different server than IPA DNS as authoritative servers.

This works for majority users.

This also works as fallback (on local network only without caching) when one replica is down, the one of IPA DNS servers left, may act as authoritative servers (primary master for DDNS).

I agree that this is tricky (I forgot about fake_mname too) for users who want to change it, we may show warning for user or somehow let him know that fake_mname is used.