On Thu, 2015-09-03 at 10:19 +0200, Martin Basti wrote:
> On 09/02/2015 06:00 PM, Simo Sorce wrote:
> > On Wed, 2015-09-02 at 17:57 +0200, Martin Basti wrote:
> >> Client installation is done as "Restarting web server". This step
> >> deserve own message.
> >>
> >> Patch attached
> > I've seen various cases like this. And I can't understand why these
> > steps aren't embedded in the actual instance install steps that need the
> > restart (which implicitly also provide a message).
> >
> > In the promotion patchset I did move steps like this into the proper
> > instances, so I would prefer you do the same with the install path as
> > that is more appropriate.
> >
> > Simo.
> >

> We need restart httpd after CA, DNS(optional) installation, so thats why
> it is outside of httpd instance.

You need to restart httpd always after CA install as it changes the
proxy settings, but why do you need to restart it after DNS
installation ?

(I think it is fine to restart it twice if it is really needed after DNS
change).

> Client install has no own step yet, it is just call of ipa-client-install.

This is fine, ipa-client-install is another ball of wax.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce * Red Hat, Inc * New York