On 09/04/2015 09:12 AM, Jakub Hrozek wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 04, 2015 at 08:42:47AM +0200, Martin Kosek wrote:
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> It is now only couple days before Fedora 23 Beta freeze [1] and as we
>> discussed, we would like to release FreeIPA 4.2.1, which already contains 148
>> patches on top of FreeIPA 4.2.0, mostly stabilization of the new 4.2 features
>> or upgrade fixes.
>>
>> IIRC, we miss 2 dependencies:
>>
>> 1) pki-ca 10.2.6
>>
>> This is still waiting in Updates Testing [2]. We need 3 positive karma (only
>> if
>> it works of course) to make it move to stable updates repo and so that we do
>> not have broken deps.
>>
>> 2) sssd 1.13.1
>>
>> This upstream release does not officially exist, AFAIK, only in a COPR repo.
>> see 2 options here:
>> - SSSD project releases 1.13.1 to Fedora 23 Beta too and we can keep the
>> Requires
>> - SSSD 1.13.0 in Fedora 23 kindly adds the missing patch that caused us to
>> bump
>> the requires and we set the requires in Fedora 23 to 1.13.0.
>
> I would prefer to release 1.13.1, there's too many patches to backport.

Well, an case of FreeIPA and it's requires, we should only need 5 of them:
https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/ticket/2558#comment:12

This is the ticket that bumped the FreeIPA SSSD Requires:

> The only question is whether we include some patches that I just
> yesterday finished testing. I'll send them to the list so that we can
> see if they are digestable in the couple of days, otherwise we include
> them in .2 and patch downstream later.
>

>> Jakub, any preference?
>>
>> Besides the package requiremenst, What patches do you want to include to do
>> the
>> release in the end of today or the beginning of the next week?
>
> The schedule says the Beta freeze is on Wednesday, so we need to release
> on Tuesday, correct?

Correct, but on Wednesday, the update should be in stable already, according to:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Updates_Policy#Milestone_freezes

So it would be safer to release upstream on Monday, get the positive karma and
request the transition to stable so that the transition is completed before
Wednesday.