On 9/4/2015 6:35 AM, Martin Basti wrote:

On 09/02/2015 06:42 AM, Endi Sukma Dewata wrote:
On 9/1/2015 1:52 AM, Martin Basti wrote:
The CA and KRA installation code has been modified to use LDAPI
to create the CA and KRA agents directly in the CA and KRA
database. This way it's no longer necessary to use the Directory
Manager password or CA and KRA admin certificate.

Thank you.

1) Can you use following code instead of direct call of
ldap2.ldap2()?

if not api.Backend.ldap2.is_connected():
     api.Backend.ldap2.connect(autobind=True)

conn = api.Backend.ldap2

Why would you want to do that? The original code is fine, except the
connection check is not necessary (it is a new instance of ldap2, so
.isconnected() will always return False).

It's actually isconnected() instead of is_connected(), but even so,
the
proposed code doesn't work:

ipa.ipapython.install.cli.install_tool(Server): DEBUG    The
ipa-server-install command failed, exception: TypeError: 'ldap2'
object
is not callable
ipa.ipapython.install.cli.install_tool(Server): ERROR 'ldap2' object
is not callable

2) Patch needs rebase to master branch.

The original patch does apply cleanly to master. Did you see a
conflict?
Sorry my bad.

Martin^2

3)
+        user_dn = DN(('uid', "ipara"), ('ou', 'People'),
self.basedn)
+        conn.create(
+            dn=user_dn,

can you use add entry() instead of create()? We don't use native
python-ldap, but rather ipaldap methods

It's actually calling the ldap2.create() defined in
ipaserver/plugins/ldap2.py, which calls add_entry().

NACK. We don't use ldap2.create(). Use add_entry().

So my original patch still stands.

New patch attached.

ACK, but IMO that comments is not necessary and I would like to push the
patch without it.

Martin^2

It is necessary if we don't want people to use it. Otherwise someone could make the same mistake. Or better yet, just remove the method.

--
Endi S. Dewata