Hi,

though I'm not a fellow developer, I'd like to point out that the habit you mentioned (putting a link into commit message) is indeed documented on wiki [1].
It's just on a spot where it's not that much visible.

Sorry if I misunderstood the point of your email.

Lenka

[1] http://www.freeipa.org/page/Contribute/Patch_Format