On 09/17/2015 03:30 PM, Milan Kubík wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I would like to ask you for any feedback you can provide me on $SUBJ.
>
> Currently the tests for host, certprofiles and stage user plugins are
> implemented
> with the use of the tracker that Petr Viktorin originally designed as a
> replacement
> for the declarative xmlrpc tests.
>
> With these tests already implemented, I'd like to know your feedback as for:
>
>     * readability ot the tests
>     * form of the Tracker class
>     * the feedback on using the tracker instances via pytest's fixtures
>     * anything else
>
> We in upstream qe are on the verge of rewriting the declarative tests into
> this
> form (en masse).

>From my POV, these tests looks better, should allow better granularity of
running them and should be more independent.

However, the conversion should be done continuously, as need as we have bigger
fish to fry:
- Existence of easy Acceptance Test for FreeIPA that other projects can run
- Well-oiled CI automation on master and ipa-4-2
- FreeIPA 4.3 coverage and future-to-base base performance test for FreeIPA
4.4.+