On Tue, 29 Sep 2015, Brian Stinson wrote:
Hi FreeIPA!

We are starting a working group of member projects looking to solve problems
related to Community Authentication. The FreeIPA Community Portal feature added
this summer is one of the important bits we are evaluating.

We are hoping to collaborate on centos-de...@centos.org, and have IRC meetings
in #centos-devel on Freenode every now and then to check in. We currently have
interest from CentOS, Fedora, and a few other projects, and would love to
invite anyone interested to participate.

Patrick Uiterwijk will be starting a thread soon scheduling our next IRC
meeting in 2 weeks time.
Thanks, Brian.

There is also community-auth-next...@lists.fedoraproject.org for the same
purpose around Fedora Project needs. Reading your first meeting notes,
it is unclear why we couldn't use this list and would instead need to
subscribe to centos-devel@ (which I assume has more than this topic to
discuss).

Here are the minutes from our first meeting:

#centos-devel: Community Authentication Working Group Meeting 29-Sep-2015

Meeting started by puiterwijk at 13:00:07 UTC. The full logs are
available at
https://www.centos.org/minutes/2015/september/centos-devel.2015-09-29-13.00.html

Meeting summary
   cross-posted to community-auth-next-wg list at fedorahosted
   (puiterwijk, 13:17:59)
 * ACTION: bstinson to distribute minutes to the IPA team, and do a
   call for a WG representative  (bstinson, 13:25:41)

* Goals  (puiterwijk, 13:28:13)
 * LINK:

https://lists.fedorahosted.org/pipermail/community-auth-next-wg/2015-September/000000.html
   (puiterwijk, 13:28:43)
 * AGREED: adopt puiterwijk's two goals from the community-auth-next-wg
   mailing list, and add in a technical goal of collaborating on a FAS
   -> IPA migration  (puiterwijk, 13:42:02)
 * Agreed: adopt puiterwijk's two goals from the community-auth-next-wg
   mailing list, and add in a technical goal of collaborating on a FAS
   -> IPA migration  (puiterwijk, 13:42:38)
 * GOAL: determine what features FreeIPA with the community portal
   lacks to replace FAS for community projects  (bstinson, 13:42:44)
 * GOAL: coordinate their development if the FreeIPA community is
   willing to add them to make FreeIPA a valid replacement for FAS
   (bstinson, 13:43:05)
 * GOAL: ensuring that there is a migration path from FAS => IPA
   (bstinson, 13:43:20)
 * Neither Fedora Infra nor CentOS will commit to moving to IPA as part
   of this working group at this point  (puiterwijk, 13:44:46)
 * ACTION: puiterwijk to start a requirements gathering thread
   (bstinson, 13:50:13)
 * ACTION: puiterwijk to start a "scheduling" thread for the next
   syncup meeting (~2 weeks)  (bstinson, 13:55:46)
 * ACTION: bstinson to cross-post the first meeting's minutes to
   centos-devel, community-auth-next-wg, and freeipa-devel(with an
   introduction)  (bstinson, 13:56:13)

* Open floor  (puiterwijk, 13:57:02)

Meeting ended at 13:58:01 UTC.

Action Items
------------
* bstinson to distribute minutes to the IPA team, and do a call for a WG
 representative
* puiterwijk to start a requirements gathering thread
* puiterwijk to start a "scheduling" thread for the next syncup meeting
 (~2 weeks)
* bstinson to cross-post the first meeting's minutes to centos-devel,
 community-auth-next-wg, and freeipa-devel(with an introduction)

Action Items, by person
-----------------------
* bstinson
 * bstinson to distribute minutes to the IPA team, and do a call for a
   WG representative
 * bstinson to cross-post the first meeting's minutes to centos-devel,
   community-auth-next-wg, and freeipa-devel(with an introduction)
* puiterwijk
 * puiterwijk to start a requirements gathering thread
 * puiterwijk to start a "scheduling" thread for the next syncup
   meeting (~2 weeks)
* **UNASSIGNED**
 * (none)

People Present (lines said)