On 10/09/2015 11:47 AM, Petr Spacek wrote:
On 9.10.2015 09:14, Petr Spacek wrote:
On 8.10.2015 19:09, Martin Babinsky wrote:
These patches fix https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/4305

Actually only the last patch does the work itself (suppress autodiscovery when
installing client on master), but when I saw the state of autodiscovery code I
have taken the liberty to clean it up a bit.

Patch #78 has separate versions for master and 4-2 branch, other patches
should apply on top of it in both branches.

Uh, I have to say that I'm not big fan of this patch. This will simply hide
fact that your DNS is terribly misconfigured and other things will fail later
on.

To underline this point, this exercise will not be necessary when
https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/5087 is solved (some incomplete
patches are on the list already) because the problem should be detected before
installation even starts.

Personally I would rather finish #5087 and do not spend more time on #4305.

Petr^2 Spacek

Also, even if we decide that it is what we want, I'm not sure what are
implications for the master. Will it configure to use SSSD for auto-discovery
as a fallback (when services on local master are not running)?

If not, what will happen when IPA is not running on that particular master?
Will the admin be able to log-in with IPA credentials?

Nitpicks:
+        if options.on_master:
+            set_ipa_domain_params(ds, options.server, options.domain,
+                                  options.realm_name, CACERT)

It seems that set_ipa_domain_params should be class method of "ds" because it
touches only instance variables and nothing else:--
Petr^2 Spacek

So should we abandon these patches altogether and close the ticket as WONTFIX?

--
Martin^3 Babinsky