On 23.10.2015 09:31, Tomas Babej wrote:

On 10/22/2015 05:49 PM, Simo Sorce wrote:
On 22/10/15 11:29, Martin Basti wrote:
Hello all,

in current master branch we have mixed usage of literals 0, 1 and
constants MIN_DOMAIN_LEVEL, MAX_DOMAIN_LEVEL, and it is quite mess.

I suggest to use names for domain levels:

COMPAT_DOMAIN_LEVEL = 0
PROMOTION_DOMAIN_LEVEL = 1
UBER_NEW_FEATURE_DOMAIN_LEVEL = 2

MIN_DOMAIN_LEVEL = COMPAT_DOMAIN_LEVEL (=0)
MAX_DOMAIN_LEVEL = UBER_NEW_FEATURE_DOMAIN_LEVEL (=2)

Benefits:
* ability to grep it in code
Call them DOMAIN_LEVEL_0 and DOMAIN_LEVEL_1

* better readability in code
Sure, but random names are not appropriate imo
I'm with you guys on this, it's a good idea. Let's go with the
DOMAIN_LEVEL_X naming though, it will be probably easier to remember.

One thing to add to the discussion - MIN/MAX_DOMAIN_LEVEL denotes only
the minimal/maximal domain level supported by the given IPA server, not
the minimal/maximal domain level ever shipped by FreeIPA project.

Currently, those two coincide, but in general they might be different if
we ever raise the minimal level a decide to deprecate, say, domain level
0 or 1. It's a subtle but important difference.

Tomas

Thank you all for your opinion,

I will implement DOMAIN_LEVEL_X constants and send patch.

Thanks.
Martin^2