On Mon, 02 Nov 2015, Endi Sukma Dewata wrote:
On 11/2/2015 6:38 AM, Martin Basti wrote:
The vault-add and vault-archive commands have been modified to
optionally retrieve a secret from a source vault, then re-archive
the secret into the new/existing target vault.

I cannot apply this patch.

Rebased. It depends on patch #371-2.

Rebased due to other changes in vault.

Code works for me, but wouldn't be better to create a new command,
Endi what do you think?
something like vault-copy, instead of adding new options to existing
command?

+1

Endi, what do you think about the proposed change?

Sorry, I'm still handling an IPA customer issue. The vault-copy is fine. I think ideally a copy command should look like this:

 $ ipa vault-copy <source> <destination>

But since generally the IPA command arguments are used to specify an object hierarchy (e.g. <IPA command> <parent ID...> <object ID>), I'm not sure if the above format would be consistent with other IPA commands.
It is not really enforced and 'ipa vault-copy source destination' is
reasonable and logical, so it makes sense to implement the command this
way.

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy