On 19.11.2015 00:55, Petr Viktorin wrote:
On 11/03/2015 02:39 PM, Petr Viktorin wrote:
Hello,
Python 3's strings are Unicode, so data coming to or leaving a Python
program needs to be decoded/encoded if it's to be handled as a string.
One of the boundaries where encoding is necessary is external programs,
specifically, ipautil.run.
Unfortunately there's no one set of options that would work for all
run() invocations, so I went through them all and specified the
stdin/stdout/stderr encoding where necessary. I've also updated the call
sites to make it clearer if the return values are used or not.
If an encoding is not set, run() will accept/return bytes. (This is a
fail-safe setting, since it can't raise errors, and using bytes where
strings are expected generally fails loudly in py3.)

Note that the changes are not effective under Python 2.

ping,
Could someone look at this patch?

Looking.

--