On 24.11.2015 17:30, Simo Sorce wrote:
On Tue, 2015-11-24 at 09:14 +0100, Jan Cholasta wrote:
On 24.11.2015 09:06, Petr Spacek wrote:
On 24.11.2015 07:32, Jan Cholasta wrote:
On 23.11.2015 21:18, Simo Sorce wrote:
Fixes #2203 by reading the server name from /etc/ipa/default.conf if not
provided on the command line.

Simo.

Just a thought: it would be nice if we had libipaconfig and used it everywhere
(the framework, ipa-getkeytab, certmonger, ...). I don't like that there are
at least 3 ipa config parser implementations now, each with its own quirks.

Yeah, define a Augeas grammar for IPA config and call it. There is C and
Python binding in RHEL 7.2 already.

This won't be sufficient, as it should go beyond just parsing the config
file - there are dynamic defaults and backward compatiblity support
which should be the same everywhere too.

This is a much bigger task, that someone keen on big refactoring may
undertake, but I do not think we should delay this useful feature for
that. It will be really easy to change this code to use whatever other
ipa library when it materializes.

For now this patch stands IMHO.

Sure, I'm not suggesting otherwise.

--