On 24.11.2015 22:17, Simo Sorce wrote:
On Tue, 2015-11-24 at 14:57 -0500, Simo Sorce wrote:
On Tue, 2015-11-24 at 14:42 -0500, Simo Sorce wrote:
Since some time we use the getkeytab operation to fetch keytabs on newer
clients. According to bug #232 setkeytab can be used to circumvent
password quality controls so it needs to be slowly retired.

The attached patches implement #5485 in 2 parts.

The first introduces the option DisableSetKeytab which globally disables
the setkeytab extended operation. This is set to false by default for
backwards compatibility.

The second introduces an option called DisableUserSetKeytab, which is
active by default in new installs (but not in upgraded ones), and only
disables the use of setkeytab for ipa suers, but not for hosts/services.
This is because user's are the ones that may abuse the interface to
escape password policies and users also normally do not acquire keytabs,
so it is a safe bet to disable just them by default in new installs.

(Testing in progress)

Tested and working as expected.

I realized that adding options to ipaConfig require to add them in the
UI as well, attached patches add options in API.txt and config.py
Make now complain I should change API Major or Minor, but it is not
clear to me why given this are additional values and no real change or
new function is introduced. What's the recommendation ?

When does make complain? It is supposed to complain only when API.txt does not match code.

Anyway, we usually bump minor version even for backward compatible changes, see e.g. commit 9549a59.

--
Jan Cholasta