On 12/03/2015 12:06 PM, Tomas Babej wrote:
Hi,

this patch updates the man page for the ipa-replica-install given the
latest changes (including the Jan's OTP patch).

Tomas

Questions/suggestions:

1. "you cannot provide an replica file"

It's true, but wouldn't it be better to say that "you don't need to". Or communicate that it is a good thing. Cannot sounds too negative to me.

2. Why options: --password, --admin-password are in 'BASIC OPTIONS' section and not also in new 'ENROLLMENT OPTIONS' section together with --principal, --keytab, etc..? Maybe 'ENROLLMENT OPTIONS' should be before "BASIC OPTIONS" and "BASIC OPTIONS" renamed.

General ideas, not related to this patch:
"""
If the installation fails you may need to run ipa-server-install --uninstall and ipa-client-install before running ipa-replica-install again.

The installation will fail if the host you are installing the replica on exists as a host in IPA or an existing replication agreement exists (for example, from a previously failed installation)
"""

I believe validators check this situation, right? So do we need to write it in the man page.
--
Petr Vobornik